Powdered milk is a stable in our preparedness long-term food storage. You might think you can’t do much with powdered milk, but that isn’t true, there are many uses of powdered milk.
- Use it to make your own Hot Chocolate Mix
- If you like a splash of milk in your coffee or tea, use a spoonful of dry powdered milk
- Make low fat cheese
- Making Parmesan Cheese
- Add a splash of vanilla extract to the prepared powdered milk for our kids, or even your coffee.
- Use it to make gravy with everyday. Make up a batch of the prepared milk with an extra tablespoon of milk to make it extra rich. Rich milk makes for very creamy gravy.
- When making baked goods add 1/4 cup for extra flavor and nutrition.
- Use prepared for baked goods instead of fresh milk.
- Use in handcrafted soaps for extra moisture for your skin.
- Keep on hand so you don’t have to run out to the store for when you run out, and need just a bit of milk.
- Make Peanut Butter Playdough
- When making bread there is no need to scald the milk before using.
By using powdered milk on a frequent basis you can easily rotate your food supply and keep it fresh at all times. If you get used to using powdered milk on a daily basis, if it came time for your sole milk supply became the powdered milk your transition to powdered milk will be very easy. These are just a few ideas for using powdered dry milk. Maybe you have some ideas to share.